Sunday, June 3, 2012

On the June 4th Incident...

It is almost time, and many colleague of mine had discussed with me on the possibility of exchanging a day of compensatory leave on the June 4th. They were trying to attend the June-4th memorial held in the Victoria Park (or something).

I have talked briefly on the trouble of democracy earlier on in this blog. 

Whereas I do have my admiration towards those who protested in the Tiananmen square in 1989, for their bravery and pursuit of their dream (of a democratic China), these memorials have been transformed into more of a political tool of the pan-democratic band than a memorial of the martyrs.

What I had even more trouble with is the churches that organized memorials for the June-4th event. If anything, they should hold memorials for the mass killings of:

(1) Egyptians firstborn sons (Exodus 11-12),
(2) Canaanites (Numbers 21; Deuteronomy 20), and perhaps also
(3) Amalekites (1 Samuel 15)

And then perhaps, for the Catholics, they could also consider holding memorials for

(1) People who died in the Crusade,
(2) Those who are butchered by the Canon laws because of holding a religious belief rather than Catholic, and
(3) The slaughtering of the Ancient Pagans, the Saxons who refused to convert, those who refused Church taxes all across europe in the middle ages, the so-called Heretics, Witches and so on...

I mean, these churchman holding memorials for the June-4th incident is just.. hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Late late reply, but I totally agree that it's rather funny that religious groups in HK always want to be involved with politics.

    I chose the word "funny" not because it's hilarious. I used it because the word which I really wanted to use would offend some...

    ReplyDelete